Sunday, March 27, 2005

SXSW

For those of you, like me, who don't have the budget to head out to SXSW, here's a nice little article about some acts that caught a Billboard writer's attention at the big show. Here's the article link.

Here's a few of the bands that I checked out on i-Tunes thought were at least OK.

Kings of Convenience: Some songs reminded me too much of Simon and Garfunkel. For some people this is a good thing. However for me, it is definitely not a good thing. But some of the stuff sounded pretty good and not like S&F.

Los Super Seven: This stuff sounded great. If only I spoke Spanish. The article says Joe Ely is in the group, but he is not listed as a contributor on i-Tunes. I love Joe Ely. Anyway, this group is a so-called latin music diaspora album. They have tex-mex sounds, cuban sounds, peruvian sounds, country sounds, and more. Good stuff.

Full Disclosure: Did I buy any of this? No, but if I had more money I just might. Although the S&F flashback almost killed me with the Kings of Convenience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home